Skip to main content

Winter Holiday and Welcoming 2013

Happy new year everyone!! =)

I know this is a very late post. I have been really busy since the beginning of 2013. Back from our long holiday, somehow I realized that there were a lot of things that needed to be done. I really wish I have more than 24 hours a day =P

Anyway, I would like to post pictures from our winter holiday in this first post of 2013. Let this be a wish that 2013 will be bring more opportunity to travel and spend time with loved ones =) We have a very big plan for 2013... we're crossing our fingers and hoping that everything will go well.

Enjoy the pictures!  

Our trip started with this amazing tri-tip sandwich. This is the best sandwich I've ever eaten! This is from a restaurant called Firestone Grill located in the heart of San Lois Obispo. It was raining that day, so we didn't have much chance to explore the city.


Next, we went to the beautiful San Diego. We stayed there for three days and two nights. We went to old-town San Diego and saw this hot gingerbread house made from mini Tabasco bottles.


The next day we tried the so famous Phil's BBQ. We were so lucky because that day somehow there was no line! I like the baby back ribs and would love to come back =)


After our tummies were full with delicious ribs, we headed to the beautiful Balboa Park. We didn't have time to explore the entire park. On my next visit, I would make sure to visit San Diego Zoo (which is inside Balboa Park).


Our next destination was LA. We went to another famous place, the urban lights exhibition at LACMA. Inspired by Gossip Girl's Chuck Bass, I took this picture of my hubby =P 


While in LA, we also went to Borneo Restaurant for its yummy Hakka Noodle. I took another picture of my husband in the small garden at the back of the restaurant. I love the contrasting color of the yellow tree and the turquoise wall.  


Our road trip continued. Next we went to Page, Arizona, to visit Antelope Canyon. 


And Horseshoe Bend. The view was amazing. 


Then ... the highlight of our trip. The magnificent Bryce Canyon =)


I'm more a city person but I do admit that Bryce Canyon is worth visiting. It was freezing cold, but every now and then I was tempted to open my gloves and took pictures. The view was breath-taking. Everywhere you looked was picturesque.




This is my favorite picture. It was taken on the path to Amphitheatre, before we were entering Bryce's hiking trail.


Our last stop is Vegas. As usual we did some hotel hopping, enjoying the splendor of their Christmas decoration.   


M&M World


Crystal - Luxury Shopping Mall


Bellagio Hotel





The Venetian


and Wynn Encore



How about your winter break? I hope all of you enjoy the holiday surrounded with family and loved ones. Again, happy new year!! =)

Comments

  1. Great pictures! I also visited the EXACT same places for my winter break. =P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TB Test Result

When I woke up in the morning last Thursday, the first thing I did was checked my hand. To my utmost horror ... It had became that big! Gosh ... the final result from the nurse was positive with 14 mm bump. So whether I want it or not, I need to go and get a chest X-ray =( PS : Btw, have I told you that this bump will stay for months? =( Oh, and it is starting to itch too ... =( UPDATES: The bump disappeared after a month or so. There is no scar whatsoever on my hand. I heard that a lot of people who were born in Asia usually get a positive result. It is because they had TB Vaccination while they were little. Anyway, I did get my chest X-ray. There is nothing to worry, everything is good =)

TB Test update

This is what it looks like after 36 hours : I really hope it could stay like this until tomorrow because I think this means I'm negative. *crossing my finger*

TB Test

One of the things that I hate the most in life is shot / injection. I think, I have a phobia for needle =P This phobia started a long time ago, back in my early childhood. I got typhoid or abdominal fever when I was three or four... and back then, their healing method was still traditional. They had to monitor the virus inside of me daily. So they took my blood every other day. This lasted for almost a month. Can you imagine the horror of this? Especially for a three or four-year old girl? Ever since that incident, needle has become my big enemy. Before I went to U.S. last year, I was forced to get an MMR shot. Oh, it was so scary. I remember I couldn't feel my knees soon after they gave me the shot. My knees became limp in such a short time! Anyway, after that injection the doctor gave me a note, like a proof for the injection. Through my agent, I sent that doctor's note to Texas A&M University, Corpus Christi. When I transferred to De Anza College, TAMUCC didn't for