Skip to main content

Reminder

Hi everyone! It's been quite a while huh?

I was really busy with life. So far, 2013 is quite a tough year for me. I'm struggling with uncertainties and worries. I am also trying hard to figure out God's plan in my life. Recently, I got an encouragement from my favorite radio station, K-Love. So I thought I want to share this here with you.

That morning, the radio presenter was talking about keeping a diary or writing journals. I smiled because I like writing journals. She said that sometimes it's good to read back your journals, especially when you are facing a problem or when your life just feel difficult. You can see through various occasions in your past, how God's hands worked. You might felt that you were facing mountains of problems back then, but somehow God opened up a way! This could be a great encouragement... helping us to trust our current problems to God. If He was faithful in the past, He is also faithful today. He will help. He will open up a way for us.

It was an eye-opener for me. These past few years, I've been through a lot. And there were times when I felt that my problems were impossible to solve ... and yet again and again God showed me that nothing is impossible for Him. That moment, somehow I suddenly felt peaceful and happy. I know this time too ... as I wait for the future to unfold ... God's hands are at work. I am writing this post hoping that this can be a powerful reminder for me (or for others) in the future.

More encouragements from the Bible :)

"11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11 [NIV]


"34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
Matthew 6:34 [NIV]


"11 He has made everything beautiful in its time."
Ecclesiastes 3:11a [NIV]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TB Test Result

When I woke up in the morning last Thursday, the first thing I did was checked my hand. To my utmost horror ... It had became that big! Gosh ... the final result from the nurse was positive with 14 mm bump. So whether I want it or not, I need to go and get a chest X-ray =( PS : Btw, have I told you that this bump will stay for months? =( Oh, and it is starting to itch too ... =( UPDATES: The bump disappeared after a month or so. There is no scar whatsoever on my hand. I heard that a lot of people who were born in Asia usually get a positive result. It is because they had TB Vaccination while they were little. Anyway, I did get my chest X-ray. There is nothing to worry, everything is good =)

TB Test update

This is what it looks like after 36 hours : I really hope it could stay like this until tomorrow because I think this means I'm negative. *crossing my finger*

TB Test

One of the things that I hate the most in life is shot / injection. I think, I have a phobia for needle =P This phobia started a long time ago, back in my early childhood. I got typhoid or abdominal fever when I was three or four... and back then, their healing method was still traditional. They had to monitor the virus inside of me daily. So they took my blood every other day. This lasted for almost a month. Can you imagine the horror of this? Especially for a three or four-year old girl? Ever since that incident, needle has become my big enemy. Before I went to U.S. last year, I was forced to get an MMR shot. Oh, it was so scary. I remember I couldn't feel my knees soon after they gave me the shot. My knees became limp in such a short time! Anyway, after that injection the doctor gave me a note, like a proof for the injection. Through my agent, I sent that doctor's note to Texas A&M University, Corpus Christi. When I transferred to De Anza College, TAMUCC didn't for