Skip to main content

Baby Countdown - 37 Weeks

I saw some people on YouTube vlog their "baby watch" video and I thought it was such a fun idea. So I thought I will start to document these (hopefully) few peaceful weeks before our bundle of joy arrives.

This week I am 37 weeks and counting ... physically I don't feel a lot of difference except when baby is hiccuping or moving sometimes it feels very close to my pelvis area like she's about to burst. On my last appointment at 36 weeks, through the internal check as well as ultrasound, the doctor confirmed that baby was already head down locked in position facing to the back. However, everything (I guessed she meant my mucus plug) is still intact.

I did feel the baby is dropping - I'm not running out of breath as much as the past few weeks, I feel so much pressure on my pelvis area especially when my stomach is contracting (this happens randomly throughout the day but pretty consistently after dinner everyday) and sometimes when she moves I feel my bladder is getting squeezed - which is not a pleasant sensation at all :(


Psychologically - I still feel like I'm not 100% prepared for the baby. There are a couple to-dos that we need to wrap up. This week especially, I'm focusing my efforts on sanitizing bottles and pumping parts, as well as planning for my postpartum meal. I want to observe the Chinese tradition of postpartum confinement (zuo yue zi  坐月子) and since my Mom is not able to come and help this time, I have to write down the special meal recipes and teach my sister how to cook them. I initially planned to freeze some of these herbal / medicinal soup but unfortunately we don't have enough freezer space. I contemplated if we need to buy an additional stand alone freezer but also not sure if we have space to store the freezer. It's funny how when we moved to our current home we though we have plenty of space. It seems that now our stuff has multiplied and we outgrow this space.

I also started dreading the upcoming labor and delivery experience =P As you all know I have very low pain tolerance ... not to mention my phobia with needles. I'm already resigned to the fact that I will get tons of needle poke but that doesn't mean I'm ready to face them. I remember I got so lucky on my first pregnancy since I couldn't really feel anything when they injected epidural ... I hope the same luck persist this time around too. Even worse, some people mentioned how their second labor went so fast - they didn't even had a chance to ask for epidural!

Other than those two main to-do items, we also still need to set up the new baby swing and schedule vaccination for my daughter and my sis (dTap and Tdap) so they are safe to be around the baby.

Last but not least - one of the highlight this week for me is getting a great deal on diapers and wipes from Target *lol* I used to subscribe to one of the diaper bundle program so I almost never got my diapers from Target until Grace was around 2.5 years old. Then we switched her to pampers easy up as we started potty training her. Most of the time we either order on Amazon or get it at Target. I started noticing how on some weeks they'll have a deal for baby stuff ($20 giftcard for $100 purchase of wipes and diapers) but it was pretty random.

Since we started WFH during this pandemic early March, I downloaded the Target app so we can do online shopping or drive up. I also started subscribing to their weekly ads. Last weekend I noticed they have a deal for diapers and wipes specifically for pick up or drive up shopping. It was the standard $20 giftcard for $100 eligible purchases like I mentioned before but somehow this time in addition to getting the $20 giftcard, I was only charged for $80 something purchase ... not sure if they combined it with other deal. It was such a nice surprise. I have to stop stocking up for diapers though - I just realized I already stocked up on diapers up to size 3! That's the downside of hunting for deals, I guess :)

See you in the next baby watch post!
<3

Comments

  1. Ahh i hope the rest of your pregnancy and the birth goes well and smoothly. My friend gave birth about a month ago so ive been seeing lots of cute photos.
    Thanks for sharing
    Laila
    www.lailanblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TB Test Result

When I woke up in the morning last Thursday, the first thing I did was checked my hand. To my utmost horror ... It had became that big! Gosh ... the final result from the nurse was positive with 14 mm bump. So whether I want it or not, I need to go and get a chest X-ray =( PS : Btw, have I told you that this bump will stay for months? =( Oh, and it is starting to itch too ... =( UPDATES: The bump disappeared after a month or so. There is no scar whatsoever on my hand. I heard that a lot of people who were born in Asia usually get a positive result. It is because they had TB Vaccination while they were little. Anyway, I did get my chest X-ray. There is nothing to worry, everything is good =)

TB Test update

This is what it looks like after 36 hours : I really hope it could stay like this until tomorrow because I think this means I'm negative. *crossing my finger*

Orlando / Florida Visit General Tips

Hi everyone!  I just got back from my Orlando, Florida trip. It was super fun! I am trying to write in detail about the park that we visited and the rides that we took .. however, as usual it will take some time before the posts are ready. Yes, I will divide the Florida trip stories into several posts.  Meanwhile, here are some general tips for visiting theme parks in Orlando, Florida. Let me start with where to stay. I don't remember if I have mentioned about this before in my previous posts ... So, basically I bought the theme parks vacation deal from Costco Travel. I did try to purchase the trip separately (hotel, car, theme parks tickets, and plane tickets) on several different travel websites like Expedia, Hotwire, Kayak, etc. However, I found that the price difference was really small. So we decided to skip all the hassle and just purchased the whole vacation package from Costco.  Costco gave us different total price depending on how long we stay and where we stay. If I