This is the ingredient for "Quail soup" ... I got the idea from here. Since I didn't have chicken ready at that time (and to lazy to buy one =P), I substituted it with squid balls and meat balls! LOL That's something that I always have ready in my refrigerator.
The second recipe here, come from a very talented little chef which happens to be our friend =)
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- asparagus (2 stalks for 1 person) - (not too thick and not too thin)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- olive oil
- Wash asparagus and dry with paper towel, cut the ends off.
- Cut each asparagus in half
- Sprinkle the asparagus with kosher salt, black pepper and drizzle with olive oil (don't put too much salt as bacon is salty)
- Wrap two halves of asparagus (one whole stalk) with bacon, cut the bacon in half if it's too long, seam side down
- Refrigerate until you're ready to fry it.
- Drizzle the pan with olive oil and heat it over medium-high heat, put the bacon-wrapped asparagus, seam side down on the hot pan in one layer.
- Don't move it around so get you get a nice caramelization and brown color. Turn it over once you get a nice color (only turn it once)
- Transfer it to a paper towel-lined plate, cover with al foil to keep it warm
|The wrapped asparagus drizzled with olive oil, kosher salt and pepper|
|Frying the asparagus|
|Only 5 out of so many, survived the pan battle =P|