Skip to main content

Through the Years

Another late post =P

There are tons of reason why I love November. I think I wrote about this in my November post last year... Hmm. Anyway, one of them is because this was the month when I first saw my "prince charming." And guess what, this is also his birth month!

I want to take a quick stroll down to my memory lane... A lot has happened since I first met him. My life changed upside down. Not that I complain =) 

First birthday together. I made his birthday cake, with the help of my Mom. I think he was quite surprised.



Later that day we celebrated his birthday at Grand Indonesia (a very pretty Mall in Jakarta, Indonesia). I remember the Mall was just opened back then. It instantly became the most "stylish" place to hang-out. 



Ah, back then I was so skinny *sigh* Anyway, I missed his 30th birthday because he was in the US while I was still in Jakarta. I somehow also do not have any picture of his 31st birthday :( But I think we celebrated it with friends. Maybe we combined the celebration with our civil ceremony... 



As you can see ... I'm getting fatter *sigh* Now I know, not all trip down on the memory lane is pleasing =P Move on with the birthday. This was his 32nd birthday celebration. We have just moved to our tiny little apartment.



It was another combined celebration. Birthday + House Warming. I got tons of help from friends in setting up the supposed-to-be-surprise celebration. Btw, that cute little girl is my niece =)

Another picture with friends... 



So, what did we do this year?

I was never good with planning surprises. So, we just had a normal birthday celebration. Dinner for the two of us at Gyukaku followed by celebration with close friends. 


I love the restaurant, and would love to come back there. We ordered tons of food, more than enough for the two of us actually. Well, lesson learned. Next time, we would only ordered dishes that we love like the garlic noodle, Harami skirt steak, and fatty toro =)

We have a lot of friends here who share the same birth week with my hubby. That means, combined birthday party :) One of our close friend has a birthday that is just three days apart from my hubby. 


Birthday celebrations are fun! 

Dear hubby,
As God adds another year in your life, I prayed that He will bless you with wisdom, health, success and happiness. Happy birthday dearest one!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TB Test Result

When I woke up in the morning last Thursday, the first thing I did was checked my hand. To my utmost horror ... It had became that big! Gosh ... the final result from the nurse was positive with 14 mm bump. So whether I want it or not, I need to go and get a chest X-ray =( PS : Btw, have I told you that this bump will stay for months? =( Oh, and it is starting to itch too ... =( UPDATES: The bump disappeared after a month or so. There is no scar whatsoever on my hand. I heard that a lot of people who were born in Asia usually get a positive result. It is because they had TB Vaccination while they were little. Anyway, I did get my chest X-ray. There is nothing to worry, everything is good =)

TB Test update

This is what it looks like after 36 hours : I really hope it could stay like this until tomorrow because I think this means I'm negative. *crossing my finger*

TB Test

One of the things that I hate the most in life is shot / injection. I think, I have a phobia for needle =P This phobia started a long time ago, back in my early childhood. I got typhoid or abdominal fever when I was three or four... and back then, their healing method was still traditional. They had to monitor the virus inside of me daily. So they took my blood every other day. This lasted for almost a month. Can you imagine the horror of this? Especially for a three or four-year old girl? Ever since that incident, needle has become my big enemy. Before I went to U.S. last year, I was forced to get an MMR shot. Oh, it was so scary. I remember I couldn't feel my knees soon after they gave me the shot. My knees became limp in such a short time! Anyway, after that injection the doctor gave me a note, like a proof for the injection. Through my agent, I sent that doctor's note to Texas A&M University, Corpus Christi. When I transferred to De Anza College, TAMUCC didn't for