Skip to main content

Happy Birthday Special Girl!

When I was little, I often asked my mom for a baby sister. I wanted someone to play Barbie with =) My wishes did come true. However, it was a little bit too late. When I finally got a baby sister, I was already 9 years old. Hence, when she was at "playing Barbie" stage, I was already a teenager. We never really played together =P 

Still, I was very happy to get a little sister. Moreover, she was a pretty baby. When she was 2 or 3 months old, she got really sick. She had to stay in the hospital for a month! I was scared and sad. I remember how I used to cry every time I saw any baby-related TV commercial. I was afraid to lose this pretty little sister. Miraculously, she was healed and healthy again. This pretty little baby soon grew into a witty, strong-willed, loyal, and caring girl. And I love her ...

Even though we never really played Barbie together, we are really close. Well... of course there were also times when we fight. Who doesn't? =P We were never able to stay mad to each other for long though =) 

When she was almost 15

Posing at my wedding
Last picture together before I moved to the US

Anyway, when I got married and moved to the US, I was sad because I knew I couldn't see her turned into a young woman. I wouldn't be there on her sweet 17th birthday. I wouldn't be there on her first day of college... Now that we live so far away from each other, all I can do is to pray for her.

Along with her age, I pray that God will give her maturity and wisdom. I also pray that she will continuously grow in her faith in God. May God use her to be a blessing for others around her. Of course I also pray for her health, success, and happiness.    

Happy birthday special girl! I love you!



Comments

  1. Awww.. I'm so touched. Let me be your second little sister in the US. Being a kind older sister that you are, I believe you will take care of me with good food and stuff. You're welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ver, ini lu ama adek lu sekilas mirip banget ya. gaya senyumnya sama hehe :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TB Test Result

When I woke up in the morning last Thursday, the first thing I did was checked my hand. To my utmost horror ... It had became that big! Gosh ... the final result from the nurse was positive with 14 mm bump. So whether I want it or not, I need to go and get a chest X-ray =( PS : Btw, have I told you that this bump will stay for months? =( Oh, and it is starting to itch too ... =( UPDATES: The bump disappeared after a month or so. There is no scar whatsoever on my hand. I heard that a lot of people who were born in Asia usually get a positive result. It is because they had TB Vaccination while they were little. Anyway, I did get my chest X-ray. There is nothing to worry, everything is good =)

TB Test update

This is what it looks like after 36 hours : I really hope it could stay like this until tomorrow because I think this means I'm negative. *crossing my finger*

TB Test

One of the things that I hate the most in life is shot / injection. I think, I have a phobia for needle =P This phobia started a long time ago, back in my early childhood. I got typhoid or abdominal fever when I was three or four... and back then, their healing method was still traditional. They had to monitor the virus inside of me daily. So they took my blood every other day. This lasted for almost a month. Can you imagine the horror of this? Especially for a three or four-year old girl? Ever since that incident, needle has become my big enemy. Before I went to U.S. last year, I was forced to get an MMR shot. Oh, it was so scary. I remember I couldn't feel my knees soon after they gave me the shot. My knees became limp in such a short time! Anyway, after that injection the doctor gave me a note, like a proof for the injection. Through my agent, I sent that doctor's note to Texas A&M University, Corpus Christi. When I transferred to De Anza College, TAMUCC didn't for