Skip to main content

Birthday Gift from Sephora

Hi everyone, aren't you excited for weekend? =D

Anyway ... I decided to upload a very late post =P This is a post from August, a week or so before my birthday. It had been waiting patiently in my draft folder ... while I focused on writing my theme park stories. Enjoy!


--

A week ago, I received email from Sephora saying that they've prepared a special birthday gift for me. What I need to do is just purchase anything from them. There is no minimum purchase amount. Incidentally, I need to buy a new Clinique Superpowder Double Face Makeup since mine is already running low. I like the Superpowder Double Face Makeup because it has both face powder and foundation. Additionally, I was also looking for a good powder blush. Seems like a perfect time to go on a makeup shopping spree right? =P


So, I asked my friend, Amadea, to accompany me. She is pretty knowledgeable about makeup, as you can see from her blog. She is also the one who gave me this nice makeup brushes set for graduation gift...





I consider her my little beauty guru =) She's very kind and helpful. If you ever need a make-up advice, just shoot her an email. 


Anyway ... These are my early birthday gift from Sephora! Fresh Sugar Kisses mini lip duo. Basically, it's a pair of sample size lip treatment. The pink one is tinted with shy rose color. While the darker one is just a normal lip balm. 


Fresh Sugar Kisses - mini lip duo

This is the size comparison of this mini lip duo with my normal Revlon lipstick.




Overall, I kinda like it. Both of these have minty fruity flavor and scent. The sample size actually makes it easier for me to carry this around. 


Btw, that day I ended up getting a lot of other make-up stuffs beside the lip duo =P My beauty guru introduced me to Ulta (for those who doesn't know, Ulta is the cheaper version of Sephora). That day I realized how far behind I was in beauty department. I never ever heard of Ulta before! 


So this is a picture of my make-up haul. I've been using each one of them daily (except the eye shadow) and totally loving it!





From clockwise direction: NYX's Stay Matte But Not Flat powder foundation, my trusty Clinique superpowder double face makeup, Covergirl's eyeenhancers in Fairy Tale, and Covergirl's classic color blush in Rose Silk.   

My staple make up is usually just face cream, face powder, and blush. Now, with the help of my beauty guru, I learn to include NYX's powder foundation, eye primer, eye shadow, and liquid eyeliner. It's actually quite exciting!  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TB Test Result

When I woke up in the morning last Thursday, the first thing I did was checked my hand. To my utmost horror ... It had became that big! Gosh ... the final result from the nurse was positive with 14 mm bump. So whether I want it or not, I need to go and get a chest X-ray =( PS : Btw, have I told you that this bump will stay for months? =( Oh, and it is starting to itch too ... =( UPDATES: The bump disappeared after a month or so. There is no scar whatsoever on my hand. I heard that a lot of people who were born in Asia usually get a positive result. It is because they had TB Vaccination while they were little. Anyway, I did get my chest X-ray. There is nothing to worry, everything is good =)

TB Test update

This is what it looks like after 36 hours : I really hope it could stay like this until tomorrow because I think this means I'm negative. *crossing my finger*

TB Test

One of the things that I hate the most in life is shot / injection. I think, I have a phobia for needle =P This phobia started a long time ago, back in my early childhood. I got typhoid or abdominal fever when I was three or four... and back then, their healing method was still traditional. They had to monitor the virus inside of me daily. So they took my blood every other day. This lasted for almost a month. Can you imagine the horror of this? Especially for a three or four-year old girl? Ever since that incident, needle has become my big enemy. Before I went to U.S. last year, I was forced to get an MMR shot. Oh, it was so scary. I remember I couldn't feel my knees soon after they gave me the shot. My knees became limp in such a short time! Anyway, after that injection the doctor gave me a note, like a proof for the injection. Through my agent, I sent that doctor's note to Texas A&M University, Corpus Christi. When I transferred to De Anza College, TAMUCC didn't for