Skip to main content

The Discovery

Last summer we went on our first Europe trip. We visited three countries - France, Switzerland, and Italy. We have decided to stop any "prevention" during the trip, but thank God I didn't get pregnant there at Europe because I ate so many cold cuts (deli meats) and other foods that are bad for babies. It was a fun trip but also super exhausting.

Some random pictures from the trip:

Our first dinner at Venice - Bancogiro

Selfie with the Iron Lady of Paris :)
Beautiful Luzern


When we were back, I was so stressed out at work trying to keep myself up to date after traveling for 20 plus days. We also still had some summer projects that have been extended until September. Additionally, a new career path opened up and I had to make a hard decision on where I want to grow more in my career. One night, I started having menstrual-like cramping at night. It was pretty bad actually. The pain literally woke me up from my sleep. This happened for 2-3 days straight. The funny thing was, my menstrual period was not due until another week ... Initially, I blamed the stress level at work. Maybe it messed up with my hormonal cycle.

I took a sick day from work after not getting enough sleep for 2-3 days straight. The next day when I'm back, my coworker asked what happened and I told her about my mysterious cramping sessions at night that keep me awake. She smiled and told me to buy a test pack. I remember when I heard that, I looked at her as if she was joking. Never crossed on my mind that I might be pregnant this soon. I spent the entire day actually mulling over this idea ... and that night on my way back from work, I asked my hubby to stop by at Safeway to buy a test pack. I thought there's no harm in checking.

The next morning, we studied the test pack packaging and learned that the accuracy level will be very low if I'm still far away from my expected period date on that month. Still ... curiousity made us try. Lo and behold!

First positive test pack result - Friday, October 2nd, 2015 

Both of us were in disbelief. Not that we were not happy. We just weren't sure if this was happening this soon. Plus, there were still question about the accuracy of test pack if used before the expected period due date.

I called my closest friend and she told me usually test pack is not accurate if it's showing you a negative result instead of positive. It's actually quite hard to get a 'false' positive from a test pack. I googled similar query online, and found similar answers. Basically I need to have enough hCG hormone in order for the test pack to show positive result - which seems to be the case.

Hubby were still in disbelief, he wanted a confirmation. So I emailed my OB and asked if we can get a blood test to confirm that I'm really pregnant. My OB kindly sent a request to the lab on the same day, so we could come tomorrow to any lab and get the blood work done.

To be continued ... :)


    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TB Test Result

When I woke up in the morning last Thursday, the first thing I did was checked my hand. To my utmost horror ... It had became that big! Gosh ... the final result from the nurse was positive with 14 mm bump. So whether I want it or not, I need to go and get a chest X-ray =( PS : Btw, have I told you that this bump will stay for months? =( Oh, and it is starting to itch too ... =( UPDATES: The bump disappeared after a month or so. There is no scar whatsoever on my hand. I heard that a lot of people who were born in Asia usually get a positive result. It is because they had TB Vaccination while they were little. Anyway, I did get my chest X-ray. There is nothing to worry, everything is good =)

TB Test update

This is what it looks like after 36 hours : I really hope it could stay like this until tomorrow because I think this means I'm negative. *crossing my finger*

TB Test

One of the things that I hate the most in life is shot / injection. I think, I have a phobia for needle =P This phobia started a long time ago, back in my early childhood. I got typhoid or abdominal fever when I was three or four... and back then, their healing method was still traditional. They had to monitor the virus inside of me daily. So they took my blood every other day. This lasted for almost a month. Can you imagine the horror of this? Especially for a three or four-year old girl? Ever since that incident, needle has become my big enemy. Before I went to U.S. last year, I was forced to get an MMR shot. Oh, it was so scary. I remember I couldn't feel my knees soon after they gave me the shot. My knees became limp in such a short time! Anyway, after that injection the doctor gave me a note, like a proof for the injection. Through my agent, I sent that doctor's note to Texas A&M University, Corpus Christi. When I transferred to De Anza College, TAMUCC didn't for